Thursday, January 31, 2013

Conversations with Relationship Manager

Today I got call from my Citi Bank relationship manager and the conversation went like this.

RM: Sir, we had fixed a meeting with you but could not meet. Can we reschedule the appointment.
Me: Actually I talked to your representative on phone and we decided that you don't have anything to offer me so there is no point in meeting.
RM: Sir, I have a few plans to discuss..
Me: I have adequate term insurance. I am not interested in any plan that has insurance component.
RM: May be some mutual funds
Me: I invest directly with AMCs and with the introduction of direct plans I can't even think about a distributor
RM: May be a children plan
Me: I dont want any insurance
RM: But a children plan is more than that. It creates a corpus for your kid's education and ..
Me: But mutual funds I am investing also create a corpus right
RM: Then I can create a core portfolio for you without insurance component
Me: Does than mean only mutual funds?
RM: Yes
Me: I told you I invest in the direct route
RM: Ok sir, I will get back to you when I have some thing interesting for you. Thank you for your time
Me: Thank you and bye

I am sure he will not get back to me. But I feel for him. the moment some body asks for non-insurance plans, they have nothing to offer. But may be people like me are very few and even I took one endowment policy and an ULIP in the begining of my career. I am lucky in a way. Some people realize after a dozen insurance policies and some people happily take as many policies as possible and till the end of their lives think they did very well in terms of decision making. So may be there is nothing to feel sad for the relationship manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment